Profile of VET organisation
Name of organization: BEST Institut für berufsbezogene Weiterbildung und Personaltraining GmbH
e-mail: [email protected]
Type of VET institute: Further education and training
Good practice title
Baseline / problem
Step2Job is an innovative tailor-made programme targeting men and women from 21 to 64 years old, who are registered with the AMS Vienna seeking work and facing difficulties, with focus on:
- take steps
- achieve success
- exploit potentials
- find a job
- experienced organisations
- professional life
Since 01.09.2010 BEST carrying out this project on behalf of the AMS Vienna. The project was funded by the AMS Vienna and the ESF until 31.12.2012 (http://www.ams.at/wien).
Good practice: (Measures, instruments, criteria, indicators)
Core-elements of the Step2Job programme are:
• Offer a continuous counselling oriented for the labour market needs
• Integration and/or reintegration in the labour market
• Individual support aiming to strengthen the employment relationship
• Development of individual action plans for the labour market integration upon completion of the programme
• Facilitate the reinforcement of clients' skills, resources and potentials to their entry into working life
• Promotion of different workshops geared for market needs, involving internal and external experts.
Problems and constraints encountered and solutions found:
The implementation of the Step2Job programme requires a counselling team skilled on methodologies and tools, in order to successful implemented the programme.